Activities per year
Phd Researcher Profile
Daniel’s research interests lie at digital marketing in the context of a small business. Specifically, his research focuses on the topics of how digital technology is used as a resource for small businesses and how digital content can improve effective customer relationships. His study is funded by the Vice-Chancellor's Research Scholarships (VCRS) from Ulster University.
Prior to starting his doctorate, Daniel received a Masters (MSc) in Marketing from Ulster University in 2017. He was awarded with a Santander scholarship and the Pure Running award for excellence of top mark in the module of Digitising Marketing (MKT735). His dissertation was under the supervision of Dr Damian Gallagher in developing a conceptual framework for micro-enterprise in rural North West Ireland to adopt digital technologies.
From 2017-2019, Daniel served as a Digital Marcom Specialist and Product Marketing PM for a 3D printing company in Taiwan. His previous studies and the industry experience subsequently developed into his current PhD project.
TEACHING (SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS)
- MKT512 - Digital and Marketing Nexus [Topic: Digital Transformation in Practices: Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)]
- MKT539 - Retail Marketing [Topic: Content Marketing in Digital Communications: The Power of Storytelling & User-Generated Content (UGC)]
- MKT735/MKT741 - Digitising Marketing [Topic: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Fundamentals]
Having completed a Bachelor's degree (BSc) in Computer Science and Information Engineering at Taipei Tech (2012) in Taiwan, Daniel also gained an MBA degree in Services and Technology Management at Taipei Tech (2014). During the study, he won the overseas exchange scholarship from Taiwan to Institute of Technology Sligo in Ireland for a half year. The courses were taken in Digital Marketing and Managing People in Business.
International education allowed Daniel to free up new dimensions to the life and face the globalising world with optimism. Since then, he has been passionate about education equality and diversity with respect to religion, race, sexuality, age and economic background. He had delivered more than 20 speeches to over a thousand Taiwanese schoolchildren sharing how his original scholarship allowed his completion of international higher education studies (2015-2017).
RESPONSIBILITIES & AFFILIATIONS
- Teaching Assistant in Digital Marketing
- Member of Ulster University's BAME Network.
- Student Representative of UUBS Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team (SAT).
- Student Ambassador of the Global Engagement Office.
- MSc in Marketing.
- MBA in Services and Technology Management.
- BSc in Computer Science and Information Engineering.
Additionally, at the weekends, you can see him taking part in nature conservation volunteer projects across Northern Ireland countryside.
Check his personal website at https://daniel-hsu.com/.
Digital Marketing, SME Marketing, Content Marketing, Social CRM
Digital Transformation, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Digital Communications, Content Marketing
Master, Ulster University Business School
Sep 2016 → Oct 2017
Master, National Taipei University of Technology
Sep 2012 → Jun 2014
Bachelor, National Taipei University of Technology
Sep 2008 → Jun 2012
- H Social Sciences (General)
- Small Firms
- Digital Technology
- Content Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- 1 Similar Profiles
Hsu, Daniel Hsiang (Recipient), 6 Oct 2014
Prize: Honorary award
- 2 Participating in a conference, workshop, ...
Daniel Hsiang Hsu (Participant)7 Dec 2016
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Participating in a conference, workshop, ...