Bibliographical noteReference text: 1. Racine EF, Frick KD, Strobino D, Carpenter LM, Milligan R, Pugh L. How motivation influences breastfeeding duration among low-income women. J Hum Lact. 2009;25:173-181.
2. Deci E, Ryan RM. Intrinsic Motivation and Self Determination in Human Behaviour: Perspectives in Social Psychology. New York: Plenum; 1985.
3. Shah JY, Kruglanski AW. The structure and substance of intrinsic motivation. In: Sansone C, Harackiewicz JM, eds. Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation: The Search for Optimal Motivation and Performance. New York: Academic Press; 2000:105-129.
4. Avery M, Duckett L, Dodgson J, Savik K, Henly SJ. Factors associated with very early weaning among primparas intending to breastfeed. Maternal Child Health J. 1998;2:167-179.
5. Bolling K, Grant C, Hamlyn B, Thorton A. Infant Feeding Survey 2005. London: The Information Centre UK; 2007.
6. Sansone C, Harackiewicz JM. Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation: The Search for Optimal Motivation and Performance. New York: Academic Press; 2000.
7. Hidi S, Harackiewicz JM. Motivating the academically unmotivated: a critical issue for the 21st century. Rev Educ Res. 2000;70:51-179.